As I scroll through my Facebook feed, seeing all the posts about pumpkin spice lattes lets me know that even though the temps are still warm, fall is upon us. I absolutely love this season. Though I am no longer #teampumpkinspice, I do appreciate all things fall. My favorite thing, next to the cooler temps and the crisp air is the fashion. Like most ladies who love fall fashion, I’m crazy about hats and trench coats. With that being said I’m excited about prepping my wardrobe for this fall.
As most of you know (if you have read previous posts) I subscribe to a capsule wardrobe. I love having fewer things in my closet so that I can get dressed with ease. I like to keep items that are easy outfits (dresses and things that I can mix and match, skirts, and blouses). Most people I know think I have a closet full of clothes. I don’t and here is why. I am not sure how people with lots of clothes find anything. I’m just not a hunter. I even struggle in large discount stores to find gems that my hunter friends find with ease. I prefer small boutique like stores because it makes it easier for me to find things. So in order to make my closet more boutique like I make sure that my closet doesn’t contain items that don’t fit, aren’t current and aren’t in season. Here is what I do to change out my spring/ summer closet for my fall/winter capsule:
- Take inventory on the items hanging in the closet-I check to see if there are crossover items left over from last season. If so, these things sit tight. For example-jeans, skirts, button downs for work, and sleeveless dresses that will work with cardigans and blazers.
- Pack away things that won’t cross over-halters, lighter fabrics, shorts, sundresses.
- Take stock-I check for wear and tear. Are there things that need to be repaired or removed? I look for shoes that need to be recapped or hems that need to be reinforced etc. I also part with items that have served their time and need to be retired.
- Pack away my spring summer capsule.
- Unpack my fall winter capsule. This is the most fun. I always forget about things that I have in there and it feels like shopping. I love seeing my old wardrobe return.
- Get my coats cleaned. I take my trench and my winter coat to the cleaners. I could do this in the spring but it’s just my preference to have them newly cleaned before the season begins.
- Make a short wish list of things I need. It is usually mostly accessories.
Here is my fall additions list
- Hoop earrings
- Wine colored hat
- Stacked Heel Mary Jane pumps
- Light blue distressed skinny jeans
If you haven’t seen my closet walkthrough from last fall/winter check out the video below.
I may include a fall prep video soon. In the meantime check out this one from one of my favorite vloggers the Daily Connoisseur
Until next post,